Friday, September 22, 2006

Suddenly there was light...

With 11 days left to train for Krystal's I was getting a little worried that this might not be "my food". My times were dropping instead of increasing; I wasn't feeling the groove we all know we get into. I kept thinking this is Nathan's all over again...

Last night I switched it up techniques one more time, and why not. Nothing was really working like I knew it should. Not that 20 in 3:30 is pathetic but it wasn't numbers I knew I was capable of. So I decided I would "borrow" a few things I've heard or witness from some really great eaters. I took something HB said in passing about using two hands, borrowed Steakbellie's shovel technique, and Pat B's music while I eat....I'll be damn it if it didn't finally pay off. Small run of 20 again...This time was 2:16.

I couldn't have been happier...Is it on par w/ the some of the greats; Bob, Joey, Sonya, Tim, Conti and Kobayashi...No, not even close. But it was a big step for me and I feel like I'm seriously back in the game...

Saturday is a run of 30 check back on Monday

No comments: