Wednesday, September 13, 2006

First Mini Run (18 days Til D-Day)

Last night I bought some burgers just to see how they went down...and what technique I was going to use. So I took the advise of another eater and warmed them up how he said but because they were frozen I left them in a little long than I think I should have...The tops had a hard crust on top and the inside was really cold.

I decided I was going to time this just for S&Gs. Mainly to see just how much water they sucked up, how many bites it would take and they went down. I started the clock and dove right in, to my surprise even w/ the hard top it was two bites and maybe one chew on the second bite before the swallow...I was happy. I dug right into the second and the third w/ delight, as these were so much easier than those damn Nathans Hot Dogs. For the 4th, 5th and 6th I tried to get a rhythm going using both hands to dunk then shovel...It was quite awkward. I am going to work on that tonight...Over all it took 51 seconds, I'm not sure quite how that will work out for me in an 8 minute contest but I think it was a solid start...Tonight is round 2 30as quick as I can w/ me noting what number I'm at in the 3 minute range....I'm hoping for 20 but we will see tomorrow

No comments: