Monday, December 04, 2006

Apparently 46 isn't good enough

Well I did my second run of the baked beans and I was quite happy, 3lbs in 46 seconds but apparently this isn't good enough for you die hard fans of competitive eating. I know allot of you have mentioned that if I didn't do it to break the record it was really a worthless stunt. I disagree, I am doing this to get into the Wing Bowl not a baked bean eating contest. I asked around and it was more or less confirmed that it would not count if I did break the record. People may acknowledge I did it but it would not be official, so I see no reason to go to the extreme in this specific situation and potentially screw up my chances of getting into Wing Bowl. Most of you have commented on Dale Boone's record of 84 ounces in 1:52. and Don Lerman's 6lbs (96 ounces mind you) in 1:46. So I ask why is everyone pushing Dale's record when his is less weight and a slower time. If by chance I get a shot at a baked bean eating contest in the future I think I'll fair quite well, but until the sun shines on this dogs ass we all will have to be satisfied w/ 3lbs in around 45 seconds...Because Angelo and Al are.

2 comments:

steakbellie said...

and THATS all that matters....

Dave S. said...

No sweat. You're gonna rock! You gonna be able to hang around the studio to watch Steakbellie at 830?

UEPa!