Monday, June 26, 2006

24 hour rock star

Saturday at 12:00 through Sunday @ 8:30 am was one of the best 24 hour of my life.

Saturday at noon I (Wing Kong) had the privileged of competing against some of the best eaters in the world @ the Rock Valle Shoo Fly Pie eating contest. What a great time...And a great bunch of guys. It was good to see Humble Bob again he's such a great guy and yes he won it w/ 9+ pounds. I did 4.8 pounds which I thought was respectable...I finally got the chance to talk to talked to Crazy Legs and Tim (Eater X), really cool guys; I had met them @ wing bowl 2005 but didn't get much of a chance to talk to them.

The second part of my world wind weekend was a 6:45 am start in Long Branch NJ for the Long Branch triathlon series. Holy Shit was I a nervous wreck; this was my first Tri so I was a little overwhelmed. It started w/ a 400 yard Swim, the water was 60 GD degrees. Obviously I didn't die from Hyperthermia or drown but there were a few times I thought I was going to...Next was the Ride it went really well, it was rainy the whole race so there were a few crashes. Finally the run, the run part of a Triathlon is not a big mans friend and @ 265 pounds not only is it not my friend it might just be considered a down right enemy. But I did it 3.1 miles...After I was physically spent but I felt really good, I knew I had done something most people thought I couldn't do and deep down I knew I could. So to all of them I want to thank each and every one of you for the extra motivation. For those of you who gave me support and advice, thank you, I'm sure most of you still doubted my fat ass could do it but you still supported and believed in me and I can never thank you enough for that....

No comments: