Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Little fish....

I'm sitting in my car with an hour to kill before my interview, parked on the corner of 12th and Locust trying to stay cool and conspicuous. It's a 102 degree outside and the sun is beating down on my car making it an oven.
I look over at you and I know I'm more comfortable in my suit and black car in this ungodly heat than you are in your own skin and poorly cut daisy dukes. I can’t help but notice all the queens staring and mocking you with their girlie girl giggles and whispers just out of ear shot. You know their talking about you, don’t you, but can’t even hear what they are saying. I can see the sting of their unheard insults in your eyes, and it actually saddens me.
You are shunned by your own peers and I wonder why? What makes you so different from the rest of them??? What is so different that they would make one of there own feel like this? Is it the glaringly obvious choice, that you are the only white person in the area (sorry I can't use man to describe you but I don't think you would want me to)??? Is it your outfit??? I think not, it's no better than the other Queens gathering around. I try to look at other things going on around me but I can't stop watching you, I actually feel bad for you. The desperate look in your eyes, the yearning for just one of them to show a bit of acceptance. We both know this feeling of camaraderie will never come, and it stings you like salt in a wound. I can't help but watch with pity and wonder, why would you want to be accepted here?? They don't want you, you are the wounded gazelle in the heard, shunned and left for predators. There has to be others like you in this big city. I see a look of pathetic hope, almost relief in your face and I can't understand why?!?!? Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I see the head queen coming to join "her" court. She has a gimp tranny on her arm; it’s the perfect picture of a prisoner w/ his weak bitch in tow…The pack moves to her to pay homage, but you don’t move. Both your eyes meet, has he seen you before, or will I get the rare chance to see this bizarre acceptance ritual?? He walks your way, gimp hobbling as fast as he can to keep up. He’s close now, will you gain acceptance, and sadly I hope so, even though I know you will be miserable….
He keeps walking…you look broken…I see you walk away head down, dejected. I hope I will see you again someday w/ people who will accept you….
I wait another 10 minutes before I go into my interview…I nailed the interview. Maybe I owe you a little thanks for taking my mind off of the interview and not over thinking it. If I get the job I’ll thank you, you’ll never know why but then again you won’t need to, I’m sure it’s been a long time since you’ve been thanked for anything

No comments: